Jennifer Hansen, M.E. — PhD candidate
Larry Yin – PhD candidate
Contact me , Julie Pullen or Alan Blumberg if you are interested in meeting to learn more about student opportunities in our research group. I am always happy to help with guidance on term papers or other student projects — check the “Projects” links or the “News” links on my home page for areas I’m spending the most time working on.
Here are some funding options to make more long-term research possible:
- We have multiple M.S. fellowships in Maritime Systems, including full tuition and a stipend
- Fall 2014 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study (due December, 2013) – possible potential research areas where we can supervise you are (but aren’t limited to): Impact of Hurricane Sandy on water pollution for NYC, the Hudson River, and other regional waterways; pathogen forecasting for these waterways.
- Fall 2014 EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) fellowships for graduate student environmental study (similar topic as above item)
- NOAA’s National Estuarine Research Reserve fellowships, under which we could provide tools to help you study how wetlands in the Hudson River can migrate or otherwise respond to sea level rise
- Summer research projects for Stevens Scholar students – potential research areas include but aren’t limited to: Quantifying flood risk in New York City due to storm surges and sea level rise; Building a hurricane storm surge warning system for NYC that combines work with a hurricane model and a storm surge model